Tuesday, November 23, 2010

As the blog turns

I was going to write about how much I enjoyed seeing The Weepies last week until a mild illness got in the way. Then I thought about turning that post into why I can concentrate better listening to music (i.e. Weepies) while doing homework than with the TV on (which makes me totally ADD).

But then this theory got debunked today when I spent all afternoon working with the TV playing soap operas and me actually engaged. The funny thing is I'm not even into soap operas anymore and I could never sit through an episode of "All My Children." But I got drawn into it today. I got hooked when I saw a courtroom scene disrupted by some random guy who walked in. Mouths dropped left and right. Not knowing what was going on I thought,  He probably came back from the dead or something. 

Sure enough, I was right.

Soap operas are the only place where people come back from the dead as if it's a normal process of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment